Monday, November 2, 2015

The Long Road

The largest painting I have in my possession at 30 in. by 24 in.,the long road, is perhaps the most drawn out thing I've ever done. I started it four years ago and got to a certain point and just stopped.

In my defense, I went back to school around the time I stopped painting. It only took four years to take it back up, but when I did; I really did.

From this point, it took me about six months to fully complete. I still could have worked faster, but the darn thing finally got done!
The majority of the work was still done in about a one month time span over this past summer. I had gone through a sad breakup, and the energy I put into this painting helped me a lot. I always want to remember that place. Not the sadness, but the transference of energy into something positive. It goes to show you, or it showed me, that anything can be turned into something better with the right mindset.
I've completed two other paintings, since I finished this in May. So, at least I'm slightly making up for my hiatus. 






No comments:

Post a Comment