Monday, December 7, 2015

Experimental Painting

I had to make a music video for my media production class. When I first learned this, I was shocked. I'm a grown a** person, and I have to make an amateur music video? Well, it wasn't so bad. I actually enjoyed it, and I got to do something I don't think I would have done otherwise.


I'll try to upload the full edited video after I transfer it to a flash drive. I did this crazy mess that was even messier than I imagined to the music of an obscure artist I really enjoy. Findlay hasn't been out too long, but it is definitely a part of the alternative, non-commercial music scene.


I wasn't sure what to expect result-wise with the painting. I did a lot of flicking and throwing of paint. It ran down the poster board in globs. I actually really like it though! I know why people love contemporary work now. It's fun. I also feel like I could do a much better job with something a bit more planned out. This was absolutely an experiment. I have better expectations now. Also, I think I could do something better without having to worry about filming myself.


Not too terrible in my opinion! I used so much paint that the paper feels like it has a thick plastic film on it. It feels cool. I'm excited to try more contemporary things. I've been wanting my work to get looser for a while now. Maybe this is an extreme step, but something I need to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment